Message from the Chief Justice
Welcome to the Tax Court of Canada. As a superior, bilingual, bijural and itinerant court, we travel across Canada to hear your cases and render decisions that impact the lives of Canadians every day.
We are committed to providing the public with an accessible and efficient appeal process and to maintaining a fair and independent Court.
We invite you to browse our website, and take a particular look at some of its features:
- Find Us: an interactive map indicating every hearing location and registry office.
- Chat with Us: you can now live chat with an officer of the Registry.
- When Can I Come to the Tax Court: a tool to find out if the Tax Court is the right place to come and if so, which originating document you may file.
- What Happens after Filing the First Document: roadmaps explaining each step in various court processes.
- Videos: watch our Welcome Video, videos explaining various court processes such as Status Hearings, Case Management, Settlement Conferences, how to prepare for your day in court as well as a video about the Law Clerk Program at the court.
We hope you will enjoy our website and invite you to share your thoughts and comments with us.
Eugene P. Rossiter
Questions for the Chief Justice
The Chief Justice of the Tax Court of Canada welcomes any questions or comments from the public. If you have a question or a concern and have not found an answer on this website or by talking to us, please use the form below to send your question to the Chief Justice. An answer will be provided to you by mail at the earliest opportunity.