The opinions expressed in these chat sessions are solely those of the individual participants and should not be construed as those held by the Tax Court of Canada.
You should always keep your personal and financial information to yourself. To keep it secure, leave it out of the chat. Don’t share sensitive personal information such as the following:
- Social insurance number or employee identification number
- Business number
- GST or HST account number
- Payroll account number
- Date of birth (unless it must be provided, in which case only the year must appear)
- Names of minor children (unless they need to be identified, in which case only the child’s initials must appear)
- Medical information not relevant to the disposition of the proceeding
- Bank number (unless it needs to be provided, in which case only the last four digits must appear)
Respect and Security
Your question and/or comment as well as subsequent interactions in the chat must not contain:
- profanity or discrimination on any basis;
- threats of any form;
- disrespectful comments or content.
Immediate termination of the chat will occur if you fail to abide by this rule.
Please do not submit your question or comment more than once.
Registry officers will respond to as many questions as possible within hours of service. All questions that remain unanswered at the end of a session will be answered by email in the following business days. You may choose to send the transcript of each chat session to your email address by clicking on the letter icon in the chat window.
Your question and/or comment must be:
- relevant to the Tax Court of Canada or the subject matter of the discussion topics;
- in either English or French;
- coherent and intelligible;
- original (it cannot be excerpted from another source);
- without reference to any commercial activity such as advertising or publicity;
- considerate of your privacy and the privacy of others.
Our officers respects the Official Languages Act and are committed to responding to any questions or comments in the official language (English or French) in which it was asked.
The Tax Court of Canada reserves the right to block any user who does not comply with the rules listed above. Users acting contrary to these rules may be temporarily or permanently excluded from the Tax Court of Canada’s online chat platform.